Need help with bdist_wininst, was Re: [Python-Dev] RE: [Numpy-discussion] Python 2.2

Thomas Heller thomas.heller at
Tue Dec 18 13:27:02 CST 2001

I've just fixed the bdist_wininst command in CVS.
There is not much time left before the release of Python 2.2 (how much exactly?).

To make sure that the current version works correctly, I would
kindly request some testers to build windows installers from some
of their package distributions, and check them to make sure they work

The full story is in bug [#483982]: Python 2.2b2 bdist_wininst crashes:

To test the new version, you only have to replace the file
Lib/distutils/command/ in your Python 2.2 distribution
with the new one from CVS (rev 1.27):