[Numpy-discussion] pgcc (Portland Group C compiler) performance improvements for Numeric applications?

Joe Van Andel vanandel at atd.ucar.edu
Wed Oct 3 12:55:03 CDT 2001

Has anyone benchmarked their Numeric applications using 'pgcc'?  I'm
interested in improving the performance of my Numeric Python code, and
I'm wondering what speedup I might achieve, just by re-compiling Python,
Numeric, and my extensions with pgcc.  (We currently use gcc 2.95.3)

Also, has anyone used the multiprocessor (OpenMP) or CDK (Cluster
Development Kit) tools from Portland Group?
Joe VanAndel
Internet: vanandel at ucar.edu