[Numpy-discussion] Detecting Numeric.

Andrea Riciputi ariciputi at pito.com
Wed Dec 11 02:10:02 CST 2002

Hi there,
I'm playing with Numeric and even if I've not so much experience with
it I'm trying to write a C extention to Python that can use Numeric
arrays. The basic idea consists in handling C (dynamically allocated)
array as Numeric array (if Numeric is installed) or as simple Python
lists if not.

How can I detect at compile time if Numeric is installed or not?? I've
thought something like:

#include "Numeric/arrayobject.h"

But I've not found any hints in Numeric manual. Can anyone suggest a
solution to me?

Thanks in advance,

Andrea Riciputi        <mailto:andrea.riciputi at libero.it>

"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out,
   but that is not the reason we are doing it" -- (Richard Feynman)