[Numpy-discussion] Possible NetCDF bug...

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Dec 30 16:15:02 CST 2002

Hi all,

Does anyone here use Konrad Hinsen's NetCDF module? I'm having a problem
with it.

I opened an existing NetCDF file and examine one of it's variables:

file = NetCDF.NetCDFFile("test.cdf")

>>> file.variables['water_u'].typecode()

The variable appears to contain float data (which I think it does).
However, when I try to get a slice of that data:

array([3199453293L, 3198428385L], 'u')

Numeric appears to think it's an unsigned 32 bit integer variable. I get
the same result if I use file.getValue() as well.

Could this be a Numeric version mismatch? I couldn't find a recommended
version of Numeric on the Scientific site.

RedHat Linux 7.2
Numeric 22.0

I've enclosed my test.cdf file, if you want to test it yourself.

Anyone have any ideas?

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov