[Numpy-discussion] Odd numarray compile problem

Magnus Lie Hetland magnus at hetland.org
Mon Jan 28 09:44:03 CST 2002

I'm trying to compile numarray 0.11 with Python 2.2 on a linux box but
somehow the compilation gets stuck on this line:

gcc -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fPIC -IInclude/numarray
-I/home/mlh/python/Python-2.2/include/python2.2 -c Src/_ufuncmodule.c
-o build/temp.linux-i686-2.2/_ufuncmodule.o

No error message, no crash; it just never finishes -- it freezes. I
compiled/installed it on a Solaris box earlier, with no problems

I've never seen gcc freeze like this; can there be some circular
dependencies or something? (This machine had some problems with its
clock earlier, which made make go in a loop...) I tried running touch
on all files, but that didn't change anything...

Any ideas, or tips for finding out what's wrong? (BTW, Numeric
compiles and installs just fine...)

Magnus Lie Hetland                                  The Anygui Project
http://hetland.org                                  http://anygui.org