[Numpy-discussion] Some initial thoughts about the past week's discussions
perry at stsci.edu
Thu Jun 13 14:52:03 CDT 2002
Impressions so far on various issues raised regarding numarray
1) We are mostly persuaded that rank-0 arrays are the way to go.
We will pursue the issue of whether it is possible to have
Python accept these as indices for sequence objects with python-dev.
2) We are still mulling over the axis order issue. Regardless of
which convention we choose, we are almost certainly going to
make it consistent (always the same axis as default). A compatibility
module will be provided to replicate Numeric defaults.
3) repr. Finally, a consensus! Even unanimity.
4) Complex comparisons. Implement equality, non-equality, predictable
sorting. Make >,<,>=,<= illegal.
5) Copy vs view. Open to more input (but no delayed copying or such).
More information about the Numpy-discussion