[Numpy-discussion] libnumarray.h and NO_IMPORT_ARRAY

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Thu Oct 10 06:26:05 CDT 2002

Philip Austin wrote:

>Todd Miller writes:
> > Can you send me the Numeric wrapper code or let me know where to
> > get it?
>It's now on the cvs main trunk:
>cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost login
>cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.boost.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/boost checkout boost
>You'll need all of boost if you want to try to compile/run the test
>code.  If you haven't worked with boost and boost.build (bjam)
>before, I could send my install notes.  If you'd just like to
>browse the code, the pertinent files are:
>and the new tutorial (which doesn't cover numpy yet) is
>quite good:
>as well as:
>(also without numpy documentation)
>Regards, Phil
I took a look at the files above trying to see what you're doing.  What
I thought I would see, was some form of direct coupling between a module
in boost and either the Numeric or numarray C-API.   However,  when I
search the whole source tree (*.cpp *.hpp) I can find neither
PyArrayObject, arrayobject.h, NDInfo, nor libnumarray.h.   So I'm not
sure what part of any Numeric/numarray C-API you're using now (if any)
and in particular, what isn't working for you.  Note:  numarray and
Numeric are not totally compatible at either the C or Python levels, so
either area could have been a source of difficulty.

Todd Miller 			jmiller at stsci.edu