[Numpy-discussion] libnumarray.h and NO_IMPORT_ARRAY

Todd Miller jmiller at stsci.edu
Thu Oct 10 12:45:01 CDT 2002

Philip Austin wrote:

>David Abrahams writes:
> >
> > Not sure what you're saying here. I /do/ remember when I was writing
> > the Numeric/NumArray support that there seemed no publicly-accessible
> > definition of the structure of the underlying array objects.
Numeric and numarray both have "arrayobject.h" which makes PyArrayObject
public.  Numarray also has "libnumarray.h" which indirectly exposes NDInfo.

>As I understand it, the numarray now in CVS deprecates the NDInfo
>struct (see section 10.1 of numarray.pdf) in favor of PyArrayObject.
This is true,  but is currently neither released nor documented.  On the
plus side, numarray is becoming more compatible with Numeric, getting
faster, and simpler as well.

Todd Miller 			jmiller at stsci.edu