[Numpy-discussion] started work on new version of LAPACK

Piotr Luszczek luszczek at cs.utk.edu
Tue Dec 14 09:53:03 CST 2004

Hello all,

on behalf of the LAPACK/ScaLAPACK team I'd like to inform you that
we have just received funding to work on a new version

Right now we are soliciting input from various groups that use the software.
Numpy community is an important user and we would like to hear
from you.

I have subscribed to this list so I will receive any responses and pass
them along to the rest the LAPACK/ScaLAPACK team.

Here is a list to give you a brief idea of the issues we are trying
to address:

- programming language of new implementation (we will keep the old code
as it is)
- support for threading (OpenMP, pthreads, etc.)
- 64-bit addressing
- new/improved routines
- IEEE 794 (floating-point) support

Please let us know what you think.