[Numpy-discussion] Numeric 23.6 and vecLib (Apple's optimized implementation of BLAS)

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Nov 15 10:33:03 CST 2004

Hi all,

I'm forwarding this on from Bob Ippolito (with his permission). I'd love
to see this patch applied to the next Numeric release, as well as the
setup.py fixed so as not to try to default to atlas.

OS-X may be the only common platform where you can count on a native
BLAS being there. Let's us it!

 From Bob:

I've patched Numeric 23.6's setup.py to link against Apple's BLAS
implementation.  It shouldn't cause any problems for other platforms:

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov