[Numpy-discussion] The array interface published

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at ims.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sun Apr 3 01:24:07 CST 2005

There are two questions that I have about the array interface:

1) To what degree will the new array interface look different to users of the
existing Numerical Python? If I were to install the new array interface on the
computer of a current Numerical Python user and I didn't tell them, would they
notice a difference?
2) To what degree is the new array interface compatible with Numerical Python
for the purpose of C extension modules? Do C extension modules need to be
modified in order to use the new array interface?