[Numpy-discussion] numarray dotblas problem on OSX

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Thu Apr 28 18:05:30 CDT 2005

Simon Burton wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a colleague running Mac OS 10.3, running numarray-1.3.1 (from fink)
> who has managed to bomb on this little code example:
> He gets a blas error:
> ldc must be >= MAX(N,1): ldc=256 N=257Parameter 14 to routine cblas_dgemm was incorrect
> Mac OS BLAS parameter error in cblas_dgemm, parameter #0, (unavailable), is 0

On OS X 10.3, numarray 1.3.0, self-compiled for the Apple-installed
Python with vecLib as the BLAS, I don't get an error.

I don't get a result that's sensible to me, either; I get a
(257,1)-shape array with only the first and last entries non-zero. Your
colleague might want to reconsider whether he wants innerproduct() or
dot(), with the appropriate change of shape for b.

Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu

   -- Richard Harter