[Numpy-discussion] Questions about the array interface.

Andrew Straw strawman at astraw.com
Thu Apr 7 15:56:03 CDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Scott Gilbert wrote:
>>> I'll second this. Pulling out more Python Zen: Explicit is better than
>>> implicit.
>> I'll third.
> O.K.  It's done....
Here's a bit of weirdness which has prevented me from using '<' or '>'
in the past with the struct module.  I'm not guru enough to know what's
going on, but it has prevented me from being explicit rather than implicit.

In [1]:import struct

In [2]:from numarray.ieeespecial import nan

In [3]:nan

In [4]:struct.pack('<d',nan)
exceptions.SystemError                               Traceback (most
recent call last)

SystemError: frexp() result out of range

In [5]:struct.pack('d',nan)