[Numpy-discussion] A request for new distributions

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Mon Jan 10 11:07:11 CST 2005

Pearu Peterson wrote:
> FYI, scipy_distutils has rather general lapack/blas/atlas detection code
> facilities. It first looks for atlas/lapack libraries, then for
> blas/lapack libraries

This makes me happy, as Gentoo Linux puts atlas in:

However, I'm all for any system that "just works" on the most common
systems, and allows me to specify my weirdo system if need be. Being an
OS-X user, I'd be very happy if it "just works" there. I expect to tweak
things when I'm running Gentoo.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov