[Numpy-discussion] Biulding Numarray with atlas.

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 21 11:24:13 CDT 2005

Nadav Horesh wrote:
> Whenever you need a patch to compile numarray with lapack/atlas, you
> should check if the linear_algebra module works.

Of course. And test I have, and no, it doesn't work:

undefined symbol: dgesdd_

I'm guessing this is a symbol mangling mismatch between what
lapack_lite2 is expecting and what my atlas install used (i.e. too many
or not enough underscores) For what it's worth, I get the same error
with Numeric.

which brings me back to my first question:

Where should I get a good lapack/blas for Fedora core 4?

There are lapack and blas rpms, but there is no indication of whether
they are optimized or not.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov