[Numpy-discussion] Dcoument strings for ndarray

Colin J. Williams cjw at sympatico.ca
Sun Oct 9 10:54:43 CDT 2005

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> Colin J. Williams wrote:
>> With a view to exploring Numeric3, below is a script to check the
>> availability of doc strings.
>> Some are not yet available.
>> There is a method __class__ module but the purpose is not clear.
>> Colin W.
>> # checkDocs.py
>> ''' To check the availabilty of doc strings for the ndarray class.
>>  Among the attributes of ndarray is:
>> __class__ module(name[, doc])
> I'm not sure what you are talking about here?  Where are you getting
> this?
> I don't know of any such attribute.  There is a __class__ attribute.
> But I don't see a
> __class__ module(name[, doc])   attribute
> -Travis
It might have been clearer if I had referred to the name "__class__" in
the multiarray module.

Please see the sequence below:

     >>> import scipy.base.multiarray as M
     >>> M.__class__
    <type 'module'>

I am surprised that this name points to a module.  It usually is an
attribute of a class instance which
points to the class object of that instance.

Colin W.