[Numpy-discussion] Numeric precision

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 12:14:53 CDT 2005

The unaddressed problem is how the user will see the result. This type of
thing leads type mismatches especially when doing array indexing. In that
case it is a really bad thing to do. But in terms of mathematical
computations it is usually a given that the highest possible precision is
used when possible.