[Numpy-discussion] Source release of 0.9.6 on sourceforge is wrong

David M. Cooke cookedm at physics.mcmaster.ca
Fri Apr 21 09:27:00 CDT 2006

Looks like you uploaded the bdist .tar.gz of NumPy 0.9.6 to
sourceforge, instead of the sdist. The one there isn't the source,
it's a binary distribution of a 32-bit Linux compile.

It's been over a month, with 2684 downloads, and I can't find a
mention that anybody's noticed this before... Have we silently lost
people who think we're on crack, or are there 2684 people who haven't
looked at what they got?

[On a another note, the download URL on PyPi won't work with
setuptools; I've fixed the setup.py in svn to use the correct one, but
if you could fix it on PyPi and set it to
then people can use easy_install to install numpy.]