[Numpy-discussion] NumPy Glossary Was:Matlab page on scipy wiki

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Thu Feb 9 17:49:35 CST 2006

Sasha wrote:
> I've created a rough draft of NumPy Glossary on the developer's wiki
> <http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/wiki/NumPyGlossary>.  Please
> comment/edit.  When it is ready, we can move it to scipy.org.

A humble suggestion: move it NOW.  It will never 'be ready', and that's just
the wiki way: put it in early, mark it at the top as a stub (so we don't
falsely claim it to be in great shape when it isn't), and let it be improved

The trac wiki should be for developers to work on pure development things, and
it requires an SVN login (well, it doesn't right now, but this should be
changed ASAP: spammers WILL show up sooner or later, and they will destroy the
wiki.  They did it to Enthought's and to IPython's in the past, they will also
do it here; it's just a matter of time, and the cleanup later will be more
work than running trac-admin now and closing wiki edit permissions for
anonymous users).

The public wiki is where this content should be: a non-developer can do a
perfectly good job of contributing content here, so there's no reason to keep
this material in the dev wiki.