[Numpy-discussion] Re: [SciPy-user] Where do I put site.cfg? What should it contain? Can I build w/o atlas?

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 13:46:10 CST 2006

Travis Oliphant wrote:

> So, in particular, does this mean that it is read from (relative to the
> location of the main setup.py file)
> numpy/distutils/site.cfg ??

Yes. And in the case of scipy, it needs to be in the *installed* numpy/distutils

> Yes, that is a bad place.   We need some suggestions as to where
> site.cfg should be read from.

Next to the setup.py that *invokes* numpy.distutils. AFAICT using os.getcwd() in
system_info.py will give you this directory even if you start running the script
from a different directory (e.g. "python ~/svn/scipy/setup.py install"). I can
check this in if we agree that this is what we want.

Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com

  -- Richard Harter