[Numpy-discussion] can't resize ndarray subclass

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Feb 28 14:15:01 CST 2006

Tim Hochberg wrote:

> I'd suggest that this get exposed as a separate function, for instance
> A._unchecked_resize(size). It seems much less likely that this will
> accidentally get called than that somone will mistakenly throw a
> second boolean argument into resize.
The way the resize method is written, you can't mistakenly throw in
another argument.  You would have to provide a "refcheck" keyword
argument.  I can't see that being a mistake.

The resize method can be called with either a sequence or with several
shapes, i.e.

Both of these are equivalent.  To get the refcheck functionality you
would have to explicitly provide a keyword argument.