[Numpy-discussion] Re: [Numpy-user] possible error with isarrtype

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Tue Jan 31 12:34:06 CST 2006

O'Keefe, Michael wrote:

>I was just updating my code to work with python 2.4.2 and numpy 0.9.4 and observed the following behavior with the function isarrtype. Just thought I would report it (see below).
Thanks for this report.   I've fixed the problem, but you should
probably not be using these functions anymore.  These were put in place
before the data-type objects materialized.  In the past, what is now the
typeobject of the array scalars was thought to be the basic way to
determine the data-type of the array.

Now, the data-type object itself is the preferred way.  I need to figure
out what to do with these functions now and see if they even have any
use anymore.

What use were you making of them?