[Numpy-discussion] building ATLAS on Win32 - endless compile loop

Bill Baxter wbaxter at gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 05:10:04 CDT 2006

Trying to compile Atlas from source on Win32 with Cygwin.  Anyone seen 'make
install' for ATLAS go into and endless loop before?

More info:
Following the instructions here:
   Installing SciPy/Windows -
At this step:
    "5) As prompted by the config script, execute
 make install arch=YOUR_ARCHITECTURE  and wait for approx > 15min."

It was taking much longer than 15 minutes, but I figured my laptop is just
slow or something.
So I left it on when I went to bed.  It was still cranking away 6 hours
later when I got up.

Just thought I'd check if anyone had seen that before.

My laptop is a Pentium M, which isn't one of the options on the architecture
list.  So I picked "unknown".