[Numpy-discussion] I've created a 1.0b1 release tag in SVN

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Fri Jul 21 03:31:49 CDT 2006

I've created the 1.0b1 release tag in SVN and will be uploading files
shortly to Sourceforge.

I've also created a 1.0 release branch called ver1.0

The trunk is now version 1.1 of NumPy and should be used for
new-development only.  I don't expect 1.1 to come out for at least a year.

Bug-fixes and small changes can happen on the 1.0 branch.  These will be
merged periodically to 1.1 or vice-versa.  But, the 1.0 branch will be
used for releases for the next year.

AFAIK, this is similar to Python's release plan.

I'm also going to be out of town for a few days and may not be able to
check my email so you can ask questions, but I may not answer them for
several days :-)

Thanks to all you who helped with this release with bug reports and

Robert Kern
David Cooke
Pearu Peterson
Alexander Belopolsky (Sasha)
Albert Strasheim
Stefan van der Walt
Tim Hochberg
Christopher Hanley
Perry Greenfield
Todd Miller
David Huard
Nils Wagner

Thank you...

I hope you all have a great weekend :-)  Let's continue to make the beta
release period productive by improving documentation and getting
code-coverage tests and tracking down any bugs.

Best regards,