[Numpy-discussion] Array Protocol change for Python 2.6

Francesc Altet faltet at carabos.com
Fri Jun 9 05:06:00 CDT 2006

A Divendres 09 Juny 2006 11:54, Albert Strasheim va escriure:
> Just out of curiosity:
> In [1]: x = N.array([])
> In [2]: x.__array_data__
> Out[2]: ('0x01C23EE0', False)
> Is there a reason why the __array_data__ tuple stores the address as a hex
> string? I would guess that this representation of the address isn't the
> most useful one for most applications.

Good point. I hit this before and forgot to send a message about this. I agree
that a integer would be better. Although, now that I think about this, I
suppose that the issue should be the difference of representation of longs in
32-bit and 64-bit platforms, isn't it?

V   V   Cárabos Coop. V.   Enjoy Data