[Numpy-discussion] A. Martelli on Numeric/Numpy

Mark Heslep mark at mitre.org
Fri Jun 30 15:16:46 CDT 2006

FYI, posted Sunday on python:
"...even if the hard-core numeric-python people are all
evangelizing for migration to numpy (for reasons that are of course
quite defensible!), I think it's quite OK to stick with good old Numeric
for the moment (and that's exactly what I do for my own personal use!)"

"...Numeric has pretty good documentation (numpy's is probably even better,
but it is not available for free, so I don't know!), and if you don't
find that documentation sufficient you might want to have a look to my
book "Python in a Nutshell" which devotes a chapter to Numeric..."