[Numpy-discussion] Current SVN segfaults under VC7

mfmorss at aep.com mfmorss at aep.com
Thu Mar 23 09:05:03 CST 2006

Oh for the days of imperative programming!

was just too easy, I guess.

Mark F. Morss
Principal Analyst, Market Risk
American Electric Power

             Travis Oliphant
             ieee.org>                                                  To
             Sent by:                  numpy-discussion
             numpy-discussion-         <numpy-discussion at lists.sourceforge
             admin at lists.sourc         .net>
             eforge.net                                                 cc
             03/22/2006 10:06          Re: [Numpy-discussion] Current SVN
             PM                        segfaults under VC7

Tim Hochberg wrote:
> OK, now that I've got things working, I can report a real segfault
> under VC7. The following snippet of code:
>    from numpy import *
>    a = arange(100.)
>    b = array(1+1j)
>    (a+1) ** (b+3)

I can reproduce it on Linux.   It looks like it's related to the power
optimization stuff that was recently checked in.   power(a,b+3) does not
crash but

[Switching to Thread 1076248704 (LWP 1545)]
0x404162df in array_power_is_scalar (o2=0x8294200, exp=0xbfffec68)
    at arrayobject.c:2656
2656    arrayobject.c: No such file or directory.
        in arrayobject.c

that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live
Numpy-discussion mailing list
Numpy-discussion at lists.sourceforge.net