Setting runtime_library_dirs while building numpy

Albert Chin numpy-discussion at
Fri Nov 3 09:09:43 CST 2006

We have atlas-3.6.0 installed in a non-standard location. When
building the numpy-1.0 shared libraries, we'd like to encode the
non-standard location in the RPATH of the executable. We do this with
other Python modules by adding the following to setup.cfg:
  rpath=<path to library>

But, this doesn't work for numpy-1.0. Is there another way to do this?

albert chin (china at