Style - was Re: numpy.repeat TypeError: array cannot be safely cast to required type

Stefan van der Walt stefan at
Mon Nov 6 15:40:45 CST 2006

On Mon, Nov 06, 2006 at 03:10:20PM -0500, Colin J. Williams wrote:
> Many thanks.  In general, there is sense in the Python dictum about having one
> way to do things.  Although, in this case [length] vs length for one dimension
> doesn't
> exercise me greatly.  I would be a bit more concerned about synonyms.
> Nobody has proposed using English yet - zeroes.

If Cambridge Advanced Learner's is happy with zeros, then so we should

zero   Show phonetics
noun plural zeros or zeroes
1 [C or U] (the number) 0; nothing:

I think the American-english speakers on the list outnumber the rest
of us, so we'd better be careful :)