Passing numpy arrays to matlab

Pauli Virtanen pauli.virtanen at
Tue Nov 7 12:59:45 CST 2006

Hi all,

ti, 2006-11-07 kello 11:23 +0900, David Cournapeau kirjoitti:
>     I am trying to find a nice way to communicate between matlab and
> python. I am aware of pymat, which does that, but the code is
> deprecated, and I thing basing the code on ctypes would lead to much
> more robust code.
> I have a really simple prototype which can send and get back data from
> matlab, but I was wondering if it would be possible to use a scheme
> similar to ctypes instead of having to convert it by hand.

A while ago I wrote a mex extension to embed the Python interpreter
inside Matlab:

I guess it's something like an inverse of pymat :)

But I guess this is not really what you are looking for, since at
present it just does a memory copy when passing arrays between Matlab
and Python. Though, shared arrays might be just possible to implement if
memory management is done carefully.

	Pauli Virtanen