matrix multiplication (newbie question)

Nadav Horesh nadavh at
Wed Nov 8 08:43:46 CST 2006

Make A,B,... matrices instead of arrays, so instead

A = array((.....))

A = matrix((....))

Assuming you had

>From numpy import *

From: numpy-discussion-bounces at
[mailto:numpy-discussion-bounces at] On Behalf Of
izak marais
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 15:54
To: numpy-discussion at
Subject: [Numpy-discussion] matrix multiplication (newbie question)

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what is the easiest way to
multiply matrices in numpy? Suppose I want to do A=B*C*D. The ' * '
operator apparently does element wise multiplication, as does the
'multiply' ufunc. All I could find was the numeric function
'matrix_multiply, but this only takes two arguments.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr - MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Associate
- Click now to apply