array from list of lists

Erin Sheldon erin.sheldon at
Sun Nov 12 19:10:17 CST 2006

On 11/12/06, Erin Sheldon <erin.sheldon at> wrote:
> On 11/12/06, Pierre GM <pgmdevlist at> wrote:
> >
> > You could try the fromarrays function of numpy.core.records

> > 'f4')}
> >
> > The 'transpose' function ensures that 'fromarrays' sees 4 arrays (one for each
> > column).

Actually, there is a problem with that approach.  It first converts
the entire array to a single type, by default a floating type.  For
very large integers this precision is insufficient.  For example, I
have the following integer in my arrays:
which ends up as
after going to a float and then back to an integer.