[Numpy-discussion] Problems with Numexpr and discontiguous arrays

Tim Hochberg tim.hochberg at ieee.org
Wed Oct 4 12:19:08 CDT 2006

Ivan Vilata i Balaguer wrote:
> It seemed that discontiguous arrays worked OK in Numexpr since r1977 or
> so, but I have come across some alignment or striding problems which can
> be seen with the following code::
I looked at this just a little bit and clearly this bit from interp_body
cannot work in the presence of recor arrays:

        intp sf1 = sb1 / sizeof(double);        \
        #define f1    ((double *)x1)[j*sf1]

There are clearly some assumptions that sb1 is evenly divisible by
sizeof(double). Blech!. This is likely my fault, and I expect it won't
be too horrible to fix, but I don't know that I'll have time immediately.