ide for python/numpy/scipy/mpl, development ?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at
Tue Oct 10 11:47:15 CDT 2006

Eric Emsellem wrote:
> I have problems  getting binaries for wxPython (Suse10.1) and I
> don't want to attempt a full compilation of that package...

Di you try the rpms at sourceforge? one of them may well be compatible.

If not, I've had good luck with building the source rpms:

rpmbuild --rebuild NameOfRPM.srpm

> installed Suse10.1 from the downloadable version and many many
> packages are missing there -

That would be a trick -- you'll need relevant the dev packages. But that
sounds like an issue you'll be coming up against over and over again anyway.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at