Should numpy.sqrt(-1) return 1j rather than nan?

Greg Willden gregwillden at
Thu Oct 12 09:54:22 CDT 2006

I'll try to quit being a pain and just work around it.

Those wiki pages are really good to capture this information.  I need to
read all of them to know what other gotchas are out there.
Thanks and Sorry,