Cross compilation

Jeremy R. Fishman jfishman at
Sun Oct 22 21:05:40 CDT 2006

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to go about
cross-compiling NumPy.  I have been searching around and can't find any
support in distutils for cross compilation.  Is there some way I can
still compile Numerical Python using a mipsel-linux compiler, on say a
Cygwin host?

The end result would be to use NumPy with an embedded Python interpreter
running on a mipsel host.  In specific, The OPEN-R system by Sony for
use on Aibo robotic dogs.  I need to figure out how to get setup to use
the mipsel compiler, not how to set up the compiler.

Jeremy Fishman