build errors Solaris x86 64 bit python2.5

Mathew Yeates myeates at
Thu Oct 26 20:42:52 CDT 2006

yes, I got around the problem from my previous posting "distutils
question". I added ld_args[:0] = ['-m64'] to line 209 of
python2.5/distutils/ Lovely, yes I know.

I now get an error "numpy/core/src/multiarraymodule.c:7230: error:
`NPY_ALLOW_THREADS' undeclared". This is after several billion warning
messages of the form
numpy/core/src/multiarraymodule.c:5010: warning: dereferencing
type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

Any help, suggestions gratefully accepted.