Python Enhancement Proposal (PEP) - Current status?

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at
Fri Oct 27 11:02:18 CDT 2006

Colin J. Williams wrote:
> A July posting sets out the intent:
> Version 3 of the draft:
> There is a description, from a C Structure perspective:
> What is the current status of the plan to develop a PEP?
> Is there a more recent version of the PEP, from a Python user's perspective?
I'm working on two PEP's after discussing this with Guido at SciPy 2006.

1) A data-type object PEP
2) An extension of the buffer protocol to include the array interface.

These are being done instead of the basearray PEP for now.  I'm hoping
to have a draft of these ready for discussion in a few weeks.