Sorting eigenvalues and vectors together

jeremito jeremit0 at
Fri Oct 27 09:44:46 CDT 2006

I am using a = numpy.linalg.eig(A) to get the eigenvalues and
eigenvectors.  I am interested only in the largest eigenvalue so I
would like to sort the first element of a.  But if I do that, I won't
know what is the associated eigenvector.  Is there a function that will
sort the values and vectors together or do I need to write it myself.