pyaudio, a module to make noise from numpy arrays

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at
Fri Oct 27 13:33:03 CDT 2006

David Cournapeau wrote:
> Hi,
>    I announce the first release of pyaudio, a module to make noise from
> numpy arrays (read, write and play audio files with numpy arrays).

Very nice.   Thank you.  I'd like to see exactly this kind of thing for
video files too.  We can get a lot of mileage out of ctypes.

By the way.  I noticed your file is missing a .todict()  to
convert the configuration object into a dictionary that setup(** ) can

if __name__ == "__main__":
    from numpy.distutils.core import setup

You might also check to see if libsndfile can be imported during the
setup phase and then warn the user before installing that they need it.