MPI for Python RC1

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at
Sun Oct 15 14:05:03 CDT 2006

For all of you interested in mpi4py, I've uploaded a tarball to PyPI

Make sure you have mpicc in your path and then

- If you have setuptools, an try

$ easy_intall mpi4py

- Download the tarball and next

$ python install [--home=$HOME]

You should look at 'test/mpi-rev-v1'. I've wrote some tests from the
MPI book, chapters 2 and 3 (BibTex reference in README.txt). You
should try to run te unittest scripts under '/tests/unittest'

I've tested mpi4py with MPICH1/2, OpenMPI and LAM. Please let me know
any issue your have under AIX with your MPI implementation in case you
use a vendor MPI.

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594