LAPACK warning on FC2

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl at
Wed Oct 25 08:44:42 CDT 2006

FYI, I got the following warning building numpy-1.0 from sources on a
FC2 box, using distribution provided blas and lapack rpm's.

$ rpm -q blas

$ rpm -q lapack

$ python build > build.log
Running from numpy source directory.
    Lapack library (from ATLAS) is probably incomplete:
      size of /usr/lib/ is 3617k (expected >4000k)

    Follow the instructions in the KNOWN PROBLEMS section of the file

My lapack shared library is only 3.6MB, But I believe it is complete.
Am I right?

$ ls -lh /usr/lib/
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root 3.6M Mar  2  2004 /usr/lib/

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594