Need more comments from scientific community on python-dev

Travis Oliphant oliphant at
Tue Oct 31 16:34:01 CST 2006

Sasha wrote:

>On 10/31/06, Travis Oliphant <oliphant at> wrote:
>Yes, this is the key.  I think we should better understand ctypes
>limitations before proposing an alternative.

I already understand it's practical limitations --- type objects as
data-type instances is too bulky and too restrictive.  You have to "be a
Python type object" in order to be a data-type object.

I wish others would actually understand the difference.