[Numpy-discussion] Numpy fails to build with Python 2.5

William Grant william.grant at ubuntu-au.org
Tue Sep 19 04:23:17 CDT 2006

I'm currently attempting to get scipy 0.5.1 into Ubuntu, however it
currently cannot happen as numpy doesn't build with Python 2.5. I note
that changeset 3109
(http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/3109#file1) is meant to
give 2.5 compatibility, but it is those bits which seem to break it. The
end of the build log with the errors can be found at

Has anybody got any ideas on how to fix this? A number of Ubuntu users
want scipy 0.5.1, but that can't happen while it won't build with Python

William Grant.