[Numpy-discussion] how to run the tests.

Thu Apr 5 14:04:43 CDT 2007

Just a quick comment.

I just built 1.0.2 on my OS-X box, and it took me entirely too long to
figure out how to run the tests. I suggest something like:

after installing, to run the numpy unit tests, you can run:

import numpy

be added to the readme after the instructions on how to run setup.py

A question:
lapack_lite.so is linked against:

Does that mean the Apple-supplied BLAS/LAPACK is being used?

PS: it seems to be working fine with the Universal Framework build of
Python2.5. I'll submit a package to be put on the pythonmac repository.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax