[Numpy-discussion] Fastest distance matrix calc

Tue Apr 17 10:57:30 CDT 2007

Matthieu Brucher wrote:
>     you can probably use numpy.hypot(v-y) to speed this up more...
> Tried it today, hypot takes two arguments :(
> Is there a function that does the square root of the sum of squares ?

then maybe you want:

numpy.hypot(v-y,v-y), though you should probably make a temporary v-y,
so you dont' make two of them.

I've been assuming that hypot is written in C, rather than just a
convenience function, but it it's the later, then it won't help here.

Christopher Barker, Ph.D.

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax