[Numpy-discussion] reference leaks in array() and arange()

Lisandro Dalcin dalcinl@gmail....
Thu Aug 2 19:01:43 CDT 2007

As PyArray_DescrConverter return new references, I think there could
be many places were PyArray_Descr* objects get its reference count

Here, I send a patch correcting this for array() and arange(), but not
sure if this is the more general solution.

BTW, please see my previous comments in previous mail on using
convertor functions (returning new refs) and the (very common) idiom
"if(!PyArg_PaseXXX(,,,) return NULL", as this seems to be used in
almost all places in numpy C sources and is a potential source of ref

Lisandro Dalcín
Tel/Fax: +54-(0)342-451.1594