[Numpy-discussion] fourier with single precision

Warren Focke focke@slac.stanford....
Thu Aug 2 21:11:36 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Charles R Harris wrote:

> On X86 machines the main virtue would be smaller and more cache friendly
> arrays because double precision arithmetic is about the same speed as single
> precision, sometimes even a bit faster. The PPC architecture does have
> faster single than double precision, so there it could make a difference.

Yeah, I was wondering if I should mention that.  I think SSE has real
single precision, if you can convince the compiler to do it that way.
Even better if it could be vectorized with SSE.