[Numpy-discussion] How to tell numpy to use gfortran as a, compiler

Jon Wright wright@esrf...
Wed Feb 28 03:58:52 CST 2007

>Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 15:43:03 +0100 (CET)
>From: "Sturla Molden" <sturla@molden.no>
>Subject: Re: [Numpy-discussion] How to tell numpy to use gfortran as a
>	compiler ?

>There is a third Fortran compiler based on the GCC backend called "g95".
>It is not a part of GCC and uses copyrighted source code illegally
>(numerous GPL violations). The head developer is rumored to have serious
>bad karma. Apart from that, g95 is an ok Fortran 95 compiler. Always
>ensure that ambiguous switches like "gnu95" means gfortran and not g95. I
>don't know what NumPy does.

These comments are out of order - even for the internet. I remember
gfortran was a fork of g95 which occured when the developers wanted to
go in different directions. It does not violate the gpl, source is
available for download.