[Numpy-discussion] Note to developers: Pyrex, Python 2.5, and exceptions

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 00:10:34 CST 2007

The official distribution of Pyrex has not been completely updated for Python
2.5. The change of the base Exception to new-style classes causes errors in some
of the code that Pyrex generates to handle exceptions. I've been using the
branch of Pyrex that the lxml project maintains which includes a fix for this:

When regenerating mtrand.c from mtrand.pyx, please use this version instead of
the official version.

Thank you.

Robert Kern

 an underlying truth."